To oversee maximum inventory efficiency managing JIT inventory. The Materials Manager is also responsible for inventories and orders with specific vendors. Responsible for managing the perpetual inventory system and storage locations in conjunction with the warehouse floor manager.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- To develop and promote a team culture which is customer focused with a primary emphasis upon improved flexibility of operations.
- To manage and ensure compliance to inventory accuracy and departmental cost control.
- To understand and ensure good warehousing practices and adherence to the Quality Management Systems that is in place.
- Responsible for the maintenance and implementation of good Health and Safety measures in the work environment.
- Undertaking perpetual inventory maintenance and management.
- Assist in monitoring the development of the warehouse team through continual job assessments and training needs.
- To ensure all relevant paperwork/administration is completed on time and accurately by supervisors.
- Prepare necessary order guides for long lead vendors and local vendors.
- Place orders from long lead vendors and local vendors.
- Review and enter customer owned equipment weekly inventories.
- Review and submit weekly orders for customer owned equipment, wine and liquor.
- Review and monitor HACCP logs and practices.
- Receive and submit all deliveries, as required.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in procurement and inventory control
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel function
- College degree, preferred
- ServSafe certification/extensive knowledge of HACCP and OSHA
- Inventory management control specialist
- Ability to control broad inventory base for multiple airlines
- Ability to communicate within all levels of the organization
- Strategic thinker with the ability to "think outside the box"
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office & the PC environment.
- Candidate must be detail oriented, flexible and able to prioritize workload
- Team player, personable, and responsible
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Please email Leticia..Castillo@select.com