Great Growth Opportunity in Chatsworth!
The Procurement and Sourcing Specialist is responsible for developing and applying sourcing strategies for Indirect Materials & Services. Secure a sustainable supply at a competitive price.
Pay Rate: $60K to 75K a year
Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Schedule: Monday through Friday (some occasional weekends as business demands)
Direct Hire Opportunity!
- Manage the sourcing and procurement of indirect materials and services.
- Establish relationship with suppliers, negotiate best pricing, payment terms, lead time and supplier performance.
- Create and analyze RFPs and bid packages, negotiate contracts, and select copacker(s) and suppliers.
- Establish vendors pool to have alternative suppliers in place to mitigate supply risks.
- Develop processes and best practices to support the sourcing and procurement for indirect materials and services.
- Continuously drive cost savings.
- Place, schedule, and follow-up on orders to ensure accuracy and timely delivery.
- Resolve billing issues and any conflicts between the company and the suppliers.
- Evaluate suppliers' performance and track spend.
- Maintain required “proof of compliance” forms as supplied by suppliers.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Aptitude to understand the organization’s purpose, business, and industry, including related landscapes (financial, regulatory, legal, etc.).
- Aptitude in confident negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage multitask and time management.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with internal customers and external supplier partners.
- High energy, confident and capable self-starter; can operate with limited supervision.
- Exceptional attention to detail with high level of accuracy & organization.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and adapt in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Ability to work under deadlines, pressure immune.