We have a request for a clerical temp at our facility in Livingston for our Sourcing/Purchasing Department to start next week. The title for this position is a Purchasing Clerk. This temp position is full-time and is expected to be about 3 months or longer. Below are some of the job functions and position requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Daily Buying Support for a mix of the following packing, ingredients, energy, services, MRO, and capital. Will include managing purchase requisitions, creating & issuing purchase orders, order confirmation, invoice resolution support and maintaining Department records and documentation.
- Responsible for ensuring on-time delivery and adapting to new schedule requirements.
- Responsible for supporting new supplier qualifications, plus any transition of new/modified goods/services.
- Will initiate, develop and issue Request For Proposals/Quotes for various purchases under Manager’s direction
- Perform research and data analysis with frequent use of Excel and SAP
- Gather data and track various department metrics, such as corrective actions, inventory use, cost savings.
- Will be required to explain policies, procedures to internal customers in writing and verbally and support compliance with internal controls
- Responsible for supporting cost reduction opportunities
- May support DMV & other Fleet obligations: timely registrations, reporting, and compliance tracking.