Manufacturing company located in Cerritos CA is looking for an experienced CNC Programmer! If you have experience and are looking for immediate job placement, Apply here or call us right away!
Under the general direction of the Value Stream Manager, the CNC Programmer is responsible for supporting the production of machined/fabricated components by creating CNC programs, defining work holding and fixturing, identifying required tooling, and developing necessary support documentation as needed to produce production components.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interpretation of blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, and/or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of a finished work piece.
- Responsible for developing the sequence of operations and machining processes to efficiently use production resources and equipment to create products.
- Design and fabricate work holding and part fixturing required to properly secure and align material for machining. Use quick change over and lean tools to develop efficient part setup and reduce change over time.
- Complete manufacturing process through the set up and 1 piece process.
- Define and select cutting tools, attachments, and related machine accessories for accurately and repeatedly producing machined components. Participate in tooling improvement efforts by working with tooling manufacturers and vendors, performing tooling trials, and tooling optimization.
- Define, calculate and set machine parameters to regulate factors such as cutting speed, feed, depth and angle of cut, tool path, or additional machine commands.
- Retrieve, input, and edit CNC code and other computerized machine control media.
- Participate in machining process validation activities to ensure manufacturing inputs such as CNC program and tooling selection meet requirements. Includes machine operation as needed for a first of type or trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Create manufacturing production aid documents such as machine setup and tooling sheets and work instructions and procedures.
- Observe machine operation and troubleshoot to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance conditions and adjusts machine controls or CNC program as required.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities to reduce cycle time, improve production methods, and improve equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Adhere to all factory safety procedures and guidelines.
- Maintains clean, organized work environment and adheres to all safety standards, procedures and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort in a collaborative and supportive manner.