SD Distribution Center - Material Handler I
San Diego, CA
M-F, Full Time
***Also open to someone who can do part time Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday with an end time of 5:00pm. Part time could work 4-8 hours those days, team is flexible.
Open to entry level! Does not need to have warehouse experience due to extensive training done at site.
- Receive, store and issue materials, equipment and other items from stockroom, warehouse or storage yard.
- Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or using computer.
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards.
- Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool rooms, supply rooms, or other areas.
- Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Keep records on the use and/or damage of stock or stock handling equipment.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors
- Provide assistance or direction to other stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard workers.
- Verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- High school diploma or GED required