The Warehouse Associates are responsible for the daily picking, packing and shipping of all U.P.S., R.P.S., and Fed Ex shipments. They work closely with the Logistics Supervisor in order to ensure proper and accurate order fulfillment in a timely manner. The Warehouse Associates are responsible for making sure that product is received and shipped as stated in good condition and that the necessary documentation is completed.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities:
• Receive packing lists and process customer orders being shipped on common carriers.
• Verify all U.P.S., R.P.S. and Fed Ex charges and adjustments.
• Receive all common carrier deliveries and verify quantities and quality.
• Be involved with all common carrier rep. meetings and monitor all rates, discounts and programs.
• Work closely with Logistics Supervisor on all Truck Load and Less then Truck Load shipments to gain a better understanding of shipping methods and carriers.
• Work with Manufacturing Manager to understand and help with Customer Shipping Requirements.
• Inform Procurement Manager of any low stock or needed items.
• Manage all shipping supplies.
• Maintain customer database for shipments.
• Ability to work physically demanding days with a great deal of lifting, bending, walking, etc.
• Ability to lift up to 50lb boxes.
• Ability to drive a forklift (both stand up and sit down types) for at least 4 hours/day.
• Ability to be stand on feet for 8 hours/day or longer if required.
Skills and Attributes:
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills focused on teamwork and customer service; professional demeanor.
• Detail oriented, with a commitment to quality.
• Basic computer skills (word, excel, shipping)