Job Opening: QA Supervisor
We have a direct hire opening for a QA Supervisor in Salinas at a company that specializes in organic leafy greens such as spinach, kale and a variety of salad blends. This is a 2nd shift opening!
In this role, prevent food safety hazards by managing the HACCP program, oversee quality control processes, and guide QA Technicians in their daily tasks.
Direct Hire Opportunity – Be on our client’s payroll from Day 1!
Salary and Shift Information:
- Salary: $68k-$70k/annually
- 2nd shift can start at either 3:30 pm or 4:30 pm and end around 2:30 am; Mon-Sat with Sundays off and one more day off during the week
Job Duties of the QA Supervisor:
- Oversee the company’s HACCP program and regularly review to ensure the HACCP plans are up-to-date
- Monitor critical control points in the production process to prevent potential food safety hazards
- Manage QA and Sanitation staff, create work schedules, manage overtime, time off requests, etc.
- Calibrate equipment correctly for accurate measurement and quality control
- Supervise the work of QA Technicians who are documenting observations and inspection findings
- Manage the collection and analysis of shelf-life samples and other product tests
- Train employees on food safety, quality assurance, and HACCP principles
- Lead investigations into quality incidents, perform root cause analysis, and implement corrective and preventive actions
- Prepare for and respond to external audits from regulatory bodies
- Work closely with managers in other departments to ensure quality standards are integrated into all aspects of production
- Maintain accurate records of quality checks, audits, and corrective actions
- Report on quality metrics and trends to sr. management
- Assist in plant trials and new product launches to ensure quality standards are met
- Utilize SOP’s to ensure that the plant operates in accordance with good manufacturing practices and in compliance with federal and state regulatory policies
Job Requirements of the QA Supervisor:
- Have 2 years of experience in food manufacturing, preferably in fresh cut product
- Associate’s degree in Food Science, Agricultural Science, or a related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have prior experience in a managerial or supervisory role