Job Opening: Maintenance Mechanic
We have a direct hire opening for an Maintenance Mechanic in Watsonville at a beverage company that specializes in sparkling cider products.
In this role, troubleshoot production line equipment with a variety of tools, replace parts that are broken or worn out, and be pro-active in handling equipment related issues.
Direct Hire Opportunity – Be on our client’s payroll from Day 1!
Pay and Shift:
Be available to work various shifts when required by the company:
Examples of possible shifts include
- 1st shift: 8 am-4 pm; Mon-Fri with some weekends when requested
- 2nd shift: 12 pm-8 pm; Mon-Fri with some weekends when requested
- 3rd shift: 4 pm-12 am; Mon-Fri with some weekends when requested
Job Duties of the Maintenance Mechanic:
- Troubleshoot production line equipment such as conveyor belts, apple washing systems, apple crushers, juice presses, bottling machines, and more
- Identify mechanical or electrical issues that could disrupt the production process
- Have fabrication and welding skills for cutting metal, joining metal, and for attaching new metal parts to equipment
- Be familiar with shop tools such as oxyacetylene torches, plasma cutters, lathes, drill presses, cut-off saws, and plumbing tools
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks as needed
- Keep accurate records of the maintenance and repair work completed, parts used, and job completion time
- Repair mechanical, basic electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment
Job Requirements of the Maintenance Mechanic:
- Have 2 years of experience in industrial maintenance; either in a warehouse or manufacturing environment
- Have welding and metal fabrication skills
- Be able to read blueprints
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.