Job Opening: 2nd Shift Warehouse Supervisor
We have a direct hire opening for a 2nd Shift Warehouse Supervisor in South San Francisco at a freight forwarding company that specializes in transporting perishable items such as flowers, fruits, vegetable, dairy, and more.
In this role, directly supervise drivers and warehouse employees and work with perishable items that are transported/stored in a temperature controlled environment.
Direct Hire Opportunity – Be on our client’s payroll from Day 1!
Pay and Shift Information:
- Pay: $65k-$75k/a year plus annual bonus
- 2nd shift: 10 pm to 6:30 am; Monday-Sunday; Be flexible to work weekends and overtime (5 days a week during the regular season/6 days a week during the peak season)
Job Duties of the 2nd Shift Warehouse Supervisor:
- 90% of the freight is perishable and the goods require temperature-controlled storage and transport
- Supervise a team of Drivers, Lead Agents, Warehouse Agents, and temporary workers
- Create schedules that are based on the workload where you minimize the need for overtime
- Inform management if current staff levels are inadequate and justify the reasons why
- Manage employee relations, assist in performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, and conflict resolution
- Monitor and respond to emails in a timely manner
- Deliver freight to airlines as needed in a box truck
- Ensure compliance with standard operating procedures in receiving, labeling, storing, screening, loading, packing, and shipping
- For product integrity, maintain the cold chain for perishable products
- Ensure proper and efficient loading of containers and unit load devices
- Ensure products are stored or delivered to the correct destination
- Control inventory levels and reconcile with data storage systems
- Reporting operational information to management
- Ensure care of fleet of trucks and forklifts
- Manage airline unit loading devices and ensure the rotation to avoid demurrage fees
- Ensure enough unit load devices are available to meet all cut off times
- Compliance with TSA guidelines, U.S. Customs, and USDA procedures, and comply with food safety manual instructions
Job Requirements of the 2nd Shift Warehouse Supervisor:
- Have 4 years of experience in a logistics or warehouse management role, specifically in environments involving perishable goods
- Operate material handling equipment, including sit-down forklifts, electric pallet jacks, etc.
- Be familiar with packaging materials and methods, from tape and insulation to foam, dry ice, and cardboard boxes
- Manage equipment inventory such as unit loading devices
- Have knowledge of QC processes, including temperature checks and preparing loads for shipment