Job Opening: Business Development Manager
We have a Direct Hire opening for Business Development Managers based in Oregon at a company that specializes in component solutions for OEM Design Engineers. This is a 1st shift position!
In this role, develop new sales leads in your assigned territory, call on Original Equipment Manufacturer & Contract Manufacturing accounts, travel regularly for client meetings, and achieve sales goals through strategic planning and reporting.
The company aims to expand its presence in the Pacific Northwest!
Direct Hire Opportunity – Be on our client’s payroll from Day 1!
Pay, Shift, and Benefits Information:
- Pay: $70k to $76k/annually
- 1st shift: 8 am-5 pm; Monday to Friday
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, profit sharing, pet insurance, and life coverage (you’ll be eligible for benefits on the 1st of the month, following full 30-days from hire date)
Job Duties of the Business Development Manager:
- Partner with inside sales to develop sales strategies
- Identify new accounts and grow sales and relationships with existing clients
- Represent the company in client meetings with your expert knowledge of company’s products and services
- Manage contracts, negotiations, quality complaints, product application and design support, and make introductions or referrals to other business units within the company
- Provide product samples and marketing materials to clients
- Partner with the client’s engineering staff for product designs or ongoing engineering issues
- Work closely with internal engineering and procurement to respond to RFQs and develop pricing strategies to meet client requests
- Gain new opportunities and drive new account development with your cold calling efforts
- Provide updates to management on customer accounts, data on the competition, and actions you’ve taken to achieve sales goals
- Track and report the following metrics: New Customer Acquisitions, Sales Projects / Pipeline, and Sales Growth
- For reporting/checking in, there will be daily contact with the Regional Sales Manager in the beginning, with possible travel for training. Afterwards, usually weekly check ins.
Job Requirements of the Business Development Manager:
- 5+ years in field sales with proven experience in calling on Original Equipment Manufacturer and Contract Manufacturing accounts.
- Must have excellent phone and in-person sales presentation skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills is essential
- Coach and mentor the inside sales team towards achieving sales targets
- Valid driver license is required
- Experience in mechanical components, manufacturing sales of custom parts, and distribution sales (preferred)
- Experience in CNC machined components or sheet metal fabrication will be considered