Job Opening: Research & Development Coordinator
Research & Development Coordinator
Seeking a motivated Research & Development Coordinator in Irvine, CA! The R&D Coordinator is responsible for handling a variety of tasks within the R&D and QC labs. Responsibilities include maintaining lab supplies, assisting with prepping customer samples, pre-weighing raw materials for lab batches, and calibrating lab equipment.
Specific Responsibilities & Duties
- Maintain inventory of lab supplies.
- Assist with raw material requests, follow-up, and tracking.
- Filling, labeling, and preparing samples for shipment.
- Prepare standard solutions for lab use.
- Pre-weigh raw materials according to batch cards.
- Calibrate lab equipment (pH meter and viscometer).
- Help gather and return raw materials from the warehouse.
- Wash lab glassware, spatulas, and other lab equipment.
- Refill commodity raw materials from warehouse inventory.
- Assist the warehouse with maintenance of raw materials.
- Prepare and maintain conference room for client visits.
- Maintain housekeeping in conformance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) standards.
- High school education or equivalent
- Working toward a Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry and/or Biochemistry, or related science field is preferred.
- One year of experience in a lab environment is preferable
- Strong written and oral communication skills with good attention to detail
- Basic PC Knowledge i.e. MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Good time management skills & ability to follow through on assignments
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.