Job Opening: Compounder
NOW HIRING for a Production Worker for an innovator in beauty and personal care product development, formulation, and manufacturing in Watsonville.
Pay: $ 18 an hour
Schedule: 3:30PM Monday – Saturday with daily OT (10-hour shift)
• Responsible for compounding batches to meet production needs in mixing tanks following batch instructions.
• Reviews Batch Sheets assigned to them, has material pulled for Batch Sheets, and reviews that sufficient quantities are available to complete the work order 4 to 24 hours before the Work Order is due to go on line.
• Check the weights of chemicals and perfumes that have been prepared to go into the batches to ensure that the proper amounts of the correct chemicals have been used and that the processing guidelines have been followed. Initial all batch sheets in the appropriate areas.
• Operate process equipment such as kettle, pumps, large-scale mixing equipment, in compliance with prescribed operating procedures.
• Load and unload raw materials and finished products into and out of process equipment.
• Blend chemicals in a precise manner to create product following Batch procedures.
• Pre-weighing raw materials with lab and drum scales.
• Locate compounded product in the Inventory System.
• Sanitizes utensils, tools, pumps, hoses, mixers, kettles, measuring containers, tanks, holding containers and other pertinent equipment before use.
• Cleans utensils, tools, pumps, hoses, mixers, kettles, tanks, and holding containers immediately after use. Must utilize available time in the “cooking” process of the batch to clean – up as you go.
Production Worker Requirements:
• Experience working in a GMP environment preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Strong problem-solving abilities.
• 3+ years’ experience in the manufacturing industry preferred.
• PC Computer skills – including Word, Excel and in-house programs.
• This position requires the ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Walk-Ins Welcome Anytime!