Job Opening: Production Technician
NOW HIRING for Production Technician in Santa Cruz CA for a vitamin and supplement company, see job details below.
Shift: Day 6AM – 2:30 PM must have open availability Mon-Sun
The Production Technician supports the production of high volumes of product items in different packaging styles. This position requires inspection skills with attention to detail while scanning, weighing, measuring, and inputting data. The Production Technician ensures that all work is completed safely, efficiently, to specification, and to the highest quality levels.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Verify product, packaging materials and labels meet all documented specifications.
• Verify adequate sanitation and line clearances are obtained between product runs.
• Verify weights and date code printing are within specifications.
• Scan products using QR codes.
• Check product for defect levels and document results.
• Perform scale and weight suitability checks, along with other product measurements, as outlined in approved (SOPs) and work instructions (WIs).
• Document all work in accordance with government regulations and company procedures.
• Produce and/or pack product to specification.
• Understand and follow recipes and written instructions.
• Operate equipment safely and efficiently as needed for each job.
• Work in a team environment and perform under GMP, Safety and Company guidelines.
• Identify potential defects in products and bringing attention to the issue.
• Ensure compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), company and other regulatory requirements.
• Perform other related tasks and duties as assigned.
Production Technician Required Qualifications
• Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and safe food handling.
• Attention to detail, analytical, organizational and coordination skills.
• Basic computer skills.
• Proficiency with computers, email, Microsoft Office and/or production software.
• Bilingual in English/Spanish.
Walk-Ins Welcome Anytime!