Job Opening: Packaging Utility Worker
We are hiring for a Packaging Utility Worker for a distribution of vitamins and supplements company in Scott Valley CA.
Work Schedule: 1st shift M-F 5am to 1:30pm
• $200 Referral a Friend Program
• Free Online Education
• Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
• Responsible for this position may include assisting in the following processes: mixing, drying, milling, sanitation, tablet compression, coating, receiving, storing, and shipping of the product
• Assist with plant sanitation, includes sweeping, washing, emptying waste containers, including shutdown clean up
• Maintain good housekeeping with sanitation as a constant and critical issue
• Cross-training will occur throughout the facility in all aspects of high-speed manufacturing.
• Works on a production line to assist with manufacturing our products following all production standard procedures (mixing, roller compaction, coating, milling, barrel washing other processing tasks as assigned).
• Prepare and maintain materials and equipment at the start, during, and end of production.
• Responsible for general duties involving physical handling of product, materials, supplies and equipment.
• Operate industrial power equipment.
• Fill in for other positions as needed.
• Self-motivated and ability to take initiative and use sound judgment in day-to-day decision making
• Working Conditions: Loud environment with exposure to powder and heavy equipment in a manufacturing atmosphere
• Ability to read and write legibly in English
• Ability to work multiple shifts and/or schedules including weekends.
• Be reliable and dependable in attendance.
• Previous work experience in a food manufacturing environment preferred.
• Able to stand for long periods of time and be able to lift 50 pounds. Repeated bending, reaching and lifting of equipment or products.
Walk-Ins Welcome Anytime!