Job Opening: Plant Worker
Now hiring for Plant Workers in Hollister CA, see job description below!
Shift: 2nd 12:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Duration: Tentatively 2-4 weeks.
Pay Rate: $19.50
Job Description: We are currently seeking a Plant Worker to ensure all waste is unloaded from vehicles, the vehicles are decontaminated, and waste is properly staged for scanning and processing. The individual will perform the duties in a safe and productive manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Unload waste from incoming vehicles. Separates non-autoclavable waste to be incinerated.
• Stage waste on conveyor system or properly stack waste for scanning in the Biotrack system.
• Scan waste into the Biotrack system for proper recordkeeping purposes.
• Load autoclave bins or incinerator hopper with waste for processing.
• Place re-usable containers on tub wash line for decontamination.
• Operates tub wash unit ensuring the wash unit is operating properly. Removes clean tubs from wash unit, inspects tubs and stacks for loading onto assigned vehicle for re-use.
• Operates tub wash sprayer for oversized reusable tubs ensuring the unit is operating properly. Inspects tubs and stacks for loading onto assigned vehicle for re-use.
• Decontaminates vehicles cargo-carrying portion, reloads assigned re-usable tubs and ensures cargo-carrying portion of vehicle does not have free liquid on the floor. Informs plant supervisor the vehicle is ready to be moved from dock area.
• Ensures housekeeping issues, e.g., spills cleaned up, floor is dry, and debris not on floor, etc., are addressed immediately.
• Assists in other areas of the plant operation as directed.
Plant Workers Education and Experience:
• One-year related experience or training or combination of experience and training, demonstrating strong communication skills and tact.
• Position requires extensive lifting, walking, bending, and pushing. Must be able to lift up to 55 pounds and push and/or pull carts weighing as much as 500 pounds.
Walk-Ins Welcome Anytime!