Job Opening: MIG Welder
MIG WELDER in Manteca, CA
Summary Erects, joins, cuts, and repairs beams, girders, columns, and other structural components to form complete structures or frameworks. Will utilize a wide range of welding equipment, power tools, and hand tools to manipulate metal components as specified by Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS), work orders, blueprints, technical drawings, or other specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and install iron or steel girders, columns, and other construction materials to form buildings and any additional structures.
- Cut, position, and bolt down steel bars to reinforce concrete.
- Make, weld, and cut structural metal in fabricating shop.
- Erect steel frames.
- Direct operation of cranes to move structural steel, reinforcing bars, and other materials onto and around the construction site.
- Connect steel columns, beams, and girders.
- Drill holes into steel for bolts.
- Other duties may be assigned.
• Will use oxygen/acetylene torch to cut.