Job Opening: Construction Plumber
Assembles, installs, and repairs pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
• Studies building plans and working drawings to determine work aids required and sequence of installations.
• Inspects structure to ascertain obstructions to be avoided to prevent weakening of structure resulting from installation of pipe.
• Locates and marks position of pipe and pipe connections and passage holes for pipes in walls and floors.
• Cuts openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings.
• Cuts and threads pipe.
• Assembles and installs valves, pipe fittings, and pipes composed of metals, such as cast iron, steel, brass, and copper, and nonmetals, such as PVC, ABS, and acid waste.
• Joins pipes by use of screws, bolts, fittings, solder, plastic solvent, and caulks joints.
• Fills pipe system with water or air and reads pressure gauges to determine whether system is leaking.
• Installs and repairs plumbing fixtures such as sinks, commodes, bathtubs, water heaters, hot water tanks, garbage disposal units, and dishwashers.
- 5yrs experience
- Knowledge of copper and cast-iron finish