Job Opening: Brake Press
Brake Press and Shear Operator Brake Press and Shear Operator is responsible for operating and maintaining machinery used for cutting, bending, and shaping metal materials, ensuring precision and quality in the manufacturing process. They work in various industries, including metal fabrication, construction, and manufacturing, to produce components and parts according to specifications.
1. Machine Operation: Set up and operate Brake Press machines and Shear machines to cut, bend, and shape metal materials. This involves reading and interpreting blueprints, job orders, and engineering drawings to ensure accurate and precise work.
2. Material Handling: Load and unload metal sheets or coils onto the machinery, adjusting the machine settings and tooling as necessary to achieve the desired dimensions and shapes.
3. Quality Control: Inspect finished products for defects and ensure they meet the specified measurements, tolerances, and quality standards. Make adjustments to the machinery as needed to correct any deviations.
4. Tool Maintenance: Maintain and replace machine tooling and dies as required, ensuring they are in good condition to avoid defects and ensure safety.
5. Safety Compliance: Adhere to safety protocols and guidelines when operating machinery, including wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and following lockout/tagout procedures.
6. Troubleshooting: Identify and resolve any issues or malfunctions in the machines, making minor repairs or reporting major problems to maintenance personnel.
7. Production Efficiency: Work efficiently to meet production quotas and deadlines, minimizing downtime and waste while maintaining quality standards.
8. Documentation: Maintain accurate records of production, including the number of pieces produced, materials used, and any issues encountered during the manufacturing process. 9. Communication: Collaborate with supervisors,