Job Opening: Lab Technician
Local Winery In Parlier Ca Now Interviewing For Lab Technician Positions!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs the routine analysis utilizing appropriate distillation, titrimetric, colorimetric, and instrumental methods supporting the grape harvest.
- Analyzes and processes laboratory samples. Receives rush samples, prioritizes samples and tests, analyzes samples, and reports results in a timely manner as specified.
- Enters test results into the laboratory information management system in a timely manner.
- Prepares chemical solutions used in the laboratory and disposes of chemical wastes according to guidelines.
- Organizes and maintains lab cleanliness and safety.
- Processes grape samples into laboratory samples with the use of various wet lab equipment such as grape de-stemmer and blender.
- Collects grape and wine samples for analysis from trucks to tanks from different winery sites.
- Prepares test samples utilizing appropriate lab techniques such as syringe filtration, pipetting, and solvent extraction.
Pay: Starting at $17 an hour (With Shift Differential)
Must be open to work all shifts:
- First, 7am – 3:30pm
- Second, 3pm -11:30pm
- Third, 11pm – 7:30am
*All applications will be reviewed extensively. Qualified candidates will be contacted and scheduled for interviews.
*Updated resume, contact information and application must be up to date.
*Serious Inquiries ONLY
- Demonstrated interest in winemaking, fermentation science or food processing preferred
- Previous experience working in beverage or food processing industries helpful but not necessary
- Ability to work independently and communicate well
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to work up to six days a week on variable or rotating shifts
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods