Job Opening: Account Payable Clerk
A great company located in City of Long Beach is looking for qualified candidates for a Accounts Payable position.
Assist process, track, and record payments in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform day-to-day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting, and recording accounts payable date
- Verify supplier accounts, and resolve purchase orders, invoices, or payment discrepancies.
- Assist with month-end closing activities, including supplier statement reconciliation and invoice accruals
- Facilitate payment of invoices due
- Perform related clerical duties including mailing checks, filing paid invoices/backup, setting up files, and preparing boxes for storage.
- Monitor the Accounts Payable inbox. Work through and respond to inquiries and resolve questions/issues
- Performs related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
For consideration, please email your updated resume to: [email protected]
- At least two years proven working experience as an Accounts Payable Clerk
- Knowledge general ledger coding, basic bookkeeping and Accounts Payable procedures
- Strong data entry and computation skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- Sound computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Experience using accounting software. Knowledge of Oracle would be a plus
- High school diploma