Job Opening: Material Coordinator
Materials Coordinator – Fairfield, CA
Schedule: Monday – Friday 7:00am – 4:30pm
Pay: $24 – 29.00 an hour, depending on experience
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Schedule, coordinate, and arranges in-bound and out-bound freight for raw materials, finished goods, and other good movements.
- Serve as primary point of contact for distribution activities.
- Completes required reports and data analysis to help facilitate plant operation in a cost effective manner.
- Assists Supply Chain Operations Manager in reviewing opportunities to reduce plant costs and improve plant operations.
- Production planning on a daily basis and monthly scheduling to maximize equipment efficiencies.
- Enter sales orders and subsequent changes to guarantee the delivery of customer requirements.
- In accordance with company policy, purchase the raw materials needed by the production department to manufacture quality containers efficiently.
- Communicate directly with customers to satisfy product and delivery needs information or planning requirements, and materials specifications.
- Supervise and assist with inventory control through cycle counting, production scheduling, and warehousing.
- Assists and performs regular maintenance on the manufacturing database to provide optimum use and accurate reporting.
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Three years related experience in a planning role in a manufacturing organization.
- Knowledge of raw materials and inventory in plastics environment
- Knowledge of inventory planning and forecasting.
- Knowledge of SAP and Logility System is preferred.
- Superior teamwork skills, interpersonal and communication skills is required.
- Excellent analytical and computer skills are required.