Job Opening: Shear Operator
A Sheet metal contractor located in Irwindale is in need of a Shear sheet metal operator.
- Temp to hire
- Pulling material
- Transferring material to shear
- Setting up and operating 48” and 144” capacity shears
- Set back gauge
- Push material in, repeat for strips to pcs
- Counting & inspecting material
- Packaging material
- Operating sit-down forklift
- Process customer orders for delivery and Will Call
- Use calipers and micrometer to measure compliance with order strips and pcs
- Write thickness, width, length, margins; sign and date
- Label rems, excess pieces, Put rems and sheets back in stock.
- Maintain Shear (oil, clean blades, back gauge)
- 1-2 years experience with Shear sheet metal
- Experience with Calipers, micrometers, tape measure and other measuring equipment.
- Ability to operate sit-down forklift
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Experience Maintaining Shear (oil, clean blades, back gauge)