Job Opening: Data Entry Clerk/Data Abstractor-Remote
Select Staffing is looking for a full time REMOTE Medical Record Retriever and Data Entry clerk to work on-site. This position is to assist the Medical Abstraction team with retrieval of medical records and data entry for Hedius review.
This position is remote- work from home *one day of onsite training
- M-F 20-40 hours per week
- Temporary- through Dec/Jan
- Weekly pay
This position works along side the record abstractor team to retrieve medical records, assist in data entry and retrieve particular medical information from a medical file. Assist the Medical Abstraction team with retrieval of medical records and data entry for Hedius review.
Responsibilities of the Data Entry Clerk Include:
- Under the direct supervision of Critical Incident Management RN Supervisor, this position is responsible for Critical Incident Reporting (CIR) data entry activities.
- Obtains, organizes, and analyzes data, and reports utilizing data mining tools and software systems in collaboration with other team members.
- Performs intake and data entry utilizing multiple screens and navigating multiple platforms.
- Verifies accuracy of data entered into the Critical Incident Reporting Portal, corrects inaccuracies and updates the portal appropriately.
- Collaborates with the CIR team in routine meetings to identify issues, trends, best practices, and process improvement activities.
- Communication and correspondence verbally and in writing both internally and externally.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements of the Data Entry Clerk/Data Abstractor Remote- position
- High school diploma plus one to three years office/business experience; call center experience preferred and/or is currently demonstrating customer service skills, meeting current department metric and attendance guidelines within department.
- Experience in data entry required
- Experience in medical records required
- Written communication skills as well as business writing and presentation skills are required.
- Requires strong organizational skills, ability to create, sort and analyze reports (Excel, Access, etc) and system processes.
- Experience in retrieval of specific information in a medical record.
- Requires ability to understand and use basic medical terminology.
- Demonstrated ability to sustain quality standards.
- Must be able to prove ability to type 30 wpm with 90% accuracy.