Job Opening: Senior Buyer
Aerospace located in Camarillo is now hiring a Senior Buyer! Apply Today!
Direct Hire Opportunity!
Senior Buyer is a subject matter expert in procurement and negotiating with suppliers for the purchase of designated materials, components, equipment, or services. Has responsibility for the purchase and/or procurement of designated materials, equipment, or services. Consistent with experience and performance, incumbent progress from less to more complex procurement lines.
Senior Buyer Responsibilities:
- Purchases materials, equipment supplies and services of a specialized or complex nature in accordance with prescribed purchasing regulations and procedures.
- Gathers quotations, examines bids, negotiates to secure favorable terms meeting criteria such as price, quantity, quality and delivery date and places orders timely.
- Works closely with internal customers, to obtain specifications necessary to accomplish specific projects related to program needs and participate in meetings as well as reviews and analyzes departmental purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy of information; contacts department or initiator to clarify or complete the required information.
- Interprets and communicates purchasing procedures to departments and suppliers as a specialist in the assigned material commodities; assists departments in initiating requisitions and orders.
- Proactive in identifying and solving material issues to eliminate shortages and minimize production delays. Expedites orders and keeps internal customers informed when problems occur.
- Interfaces with other departments timely to solve and support problem resolution to minimize impact to the production schedule. The use of initiative, discretion and independent judgment within established guidelines is required. Assists departments in the evaluation of goods and services as needed; ensures that customers’ expectations and requirements are met.
- Resolves conflicts concerning materials or services at the department and supplier levels; coordinates delivery and installation; confirms with customer that all products are received in condition consistent with original request or bid.
- Evaluate supplier’s performance and reliability; identifies potential suppliers, schedules the necessary site visitations, and develops new supply sources where suppliers are inadequate.
- Monitors cost, schedule, and scope of assigned purchase orders to assure best quality at best value.
BA or BS degree in Supply Chain, Business Management, or Materials-related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in procurement, material/production planning or demonstrated equivalent knowledge of supply chain function through work experience or school.
- Strong Knowledge in ERP systems (required)
- Knowledgeable and experienced in machined and electronic components (preferred)
- Knowledge of ISO and/or AS9100 (preferred)