Job Opening: Buyer
We have a direct hire opening for a Buyer in Richmond at a company specializing in dessert products such as chocolate lava cakes, cheesecakes, and more. This is a 1st shift opening!
In this role, understand the purchasing needs of each department, negotiate contracts with vendors to secure the best rates, and purchase goods that meet the needs and quality standards of the business.
Direct Hire Opportunity – Be on our client’s payroll from Day 1!
Pay and Shift Information:
- Pay: $25.50-$30/hour
- 1st shift: 8 am to 4:30 pm; Monday-Friday
Job Duties of the Buyer:
- Gain information from each department understand their needs for purchasing and other related activities
- Coordinate with each department to gain information: Quality Manager, R&D Manager, Production Finance Manager, etc.
- Choose and buy goods, items, and services from vendors that align with the company’s business needs
- Initiate the bid process with vendors
- Negotiate contracts with vendors to get the best rates
- Purchase goods in categories like raw materials, packaging, energy, and equipment
- Collaborate with the Research & Development department to source new ingredients for their new product development
- Ensure the Quality department has the updated documents and certifications for ingredients from vendors for compliance
- Support the Maintenance department in ordering and invoicing parts and equipment for their ever-changing needs
- Make cost reduction plans, conduct market trend analysis, and partner with the Parent Company to develop/implement a purchasing strategy and method
- Prepare reports for the monthly purchasing reviews, attend meetings, and create reports to show progress on purchasing needs, problems, and negotiations
Job Requirements of the Buyer:
- Have 1 year of experience in a Buyer role, working for a food production company
- Basic Microsoft Word, Office 365, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Forecast and communicate changes in market prices and trends
- Proficient skills in negotiation and purchasing
- Look for ways to improve and optimize the purchasing process