Job Opening: Environmental Health and Safety Manager
We have a direct hire opening for an Environmental Health and Safety Manager in Watsonville at a company that specializes in skincare products. This is a 1st shift opening!
In this role, oversee the environmental, health & safety program, manage compliance with various environmental and safety regulations, and ensure all activities align with program guidelines and standards.
Direct Hire Opportunity – Be on our client’s payroll from Day 1!
Pay & Schedule:
- Pay: $80k-$90k/annually + 8% bonus incentive
- This is a 1st Shift opening
Job Duties of the Environmental Health and Safety Manager:
- Implement and oversee the environmental, health & safety program
- Establish and maintain systems for program compliance
- Conduct facility inspections for risk identification, policy implementation, hazard monitoring, and training
- Develop facility inspection policies and procedures for safety, health, and environmental risks
- Lead investigations for complaints, violations, and incidents
- Participate in incident investigations, ensure follow-up, and maintain records
- Provide guidance for impact assessments and permit applications
- Track and report Safety performance KPIs
- Develop health and safety procedures, ensuring compliance
- Prepare and schedule training for emergency procedures, workplace safety, and more
- Draft inspection reports, maintain safety data sheets, and record hazardous waste/pollutant discharges
Benefits of the EHS Manager:
- Medical (5 Plans – 75% employer contribution) Dental & Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- $10,000 Life Insurance and AD&D + Supplemental Insurance
- Flex Spending Accounts – Three (3) Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- 401k Employee funded
- Two (2) weeks’ vacation (increases with length of service)
- Six (6) Sick Days
- Eight (8) Paid Holidays
- Two (2) Floating Holidays
Job Requirements of the Environmental Health and Safety Manager:
- Have 5 years of experience in Environmental, Health, and Safety roles, preferably in manufacturing
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or a related field
- Extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and policies
- Familiarity with emission control devices for compliance
- Proficiency in technology and equipment for environmental inspections.
- Have the communication and leadership skills to collaborate with others on environmental health and safety compliance.