Job Opening: Maintenance Mechanic
We have a direct hire opening for a Maintenance Mechanic in Watsonville at a popular company that makes apple juice and sparkling cider. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift positions are available!
In this role, troubleshoot and repair a variety of production equipment, replace parts that are worn out or broken, and use tools associated with maintenance trade.
Direct Hire Opportunity – Be on our client’s payroll from Day 1!
Pay and Shift:
- 1st shift: 8 am-4 pm; Mon-Fri with some weekends when requested
- 2nd shift: 12 pm-8 pm; Mon-Fri with some weekends when requested
- 3rd shift: 4 pm-12 am; Mon-Fri with some weekends when requested
Job Duties of the Maintenance Mechanic:
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair all mechanical problems in the plant
- Identify and resolve various issues with the production equipment
- Welding and fabrication for making parts and attaching them to equipment for repairs
- Be familiar with oxyacetylene torches, plasma cutters, lathes, drill presses, cut-off saws, and plumbing tools
- Keep accurate records of repairs, parts used, and job completion time
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks as needed
Job Requirements of the Maintenance Mechanic:
- Have 2 years of industrial maintenance experience
- Repair mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment
- Welding and metal fabrication skills are required
- Be able to read blueprints
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.