Job Opening: HR Assistant
We have a direct hire opening for an HR Assistant in San Jose with a religious organization known for its community service in Santa Clara County. This is a 1st shift opening!
In this role, act as a first point of contact for employee questions, support the hiring process, and ensure new employees have a smooth start with their onboarding and training.
We are looking for a caring person who is on a mission to help others and serve the community.
Direct Hire Opportunity – Be on our client’s payroll from Day 1!
Pay & Schedule:
- Pay: $25-$28/hour
- 1st shift: 8 am-5 pm; Mon-Fri
Job Duties of the HR Assistant:
- Assist with a variety of HR administrative tasks
- Provide customer service to employees, answer their questions, and take requests
- Prepare recruitment and other HR-related documents
- Handle and review mail received by the HR office
- Maintain both physical and digital HR and employee files
- Manage the payment of invoices and process check requests for HR
- Monitor and order office supplies as needed
- Perform clerical functions such as filing, scanning, photocopying, and preparing HR correspondence
- Create reports for senior management
- Place job ads on various approved job sites
- Coordinate with job candidates to schedule video and in-person interviews
- Create new job descriptions and job ads to assist with recruiting
- Draft job offer letters and employment agreements based on established parameters
- Organize meetings, employee onboarding, new employee orientations, and on-going training programs
- Assist with employee benefits, workers’ compensation, performance appraisal, etc.
Job Requirements of the HR Assistant:
- Have administrative experience, preferably within the HR department
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities
- Have attention to detail
- Be a caring person who is on a mission to help others and serve the community.