Job Opening: Electrical Maintenance Technician
We have a direct hire opening for an Electrical Maintenance Technician in Watsonville at a popular company that makes apple juice and sparkling cider. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts are available!
In this role, you will troubleshoot and repair all electrical equipment, such as conduit, wiring, circuits, control panels, process controls, relays, and lighting.
Direct Hire Opportunity – Be on our client’s payroll from Day 1!
Pay and Shift:
- 1st shift: 8 am-4 pm; Mon-Fri with some weekends when requested
- 2nd shift: 12 pm-8 pm; Mon-Fri with some weekends when requested
- 3rd shift: 4 pm-12 am; Mon-Fri with some weekends when requested
Job Duties of the Electrical Maintenance Technician:
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair all electrical equipment, including conduit, wiring, circuits, control panels, process controls, relays, and electrical lighting
- Identify and resolve various issues with the production equipment
- Wire-up and reverse 240/480 volt 3 phase motors and 110-volt circuits
- Create electrical schematics, drawings, and update equipment manuals
- Troubleshoot PLC programs using your programming skills
- Have working knowledge of both PC and Mac computers to edit PLC programs, utilize spreadsheet software such as Excel, Microsoft Word, and CAD software
- Keep accurate records of repairs, parts used, and job completion time
- Be familiar with tools associated with the electrical maintenance trade for repairs and equipment testing
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks as needed
Job Requirements of the Electrical Maintenance Technician:
- Have 2-5 years of experience in electrical maintenance, preferably within an industrial environment
- Troubleshoot and repair both motors and circuits within these electrical systems
- Be able to read blueprints and schematics
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.