Job Opening: Human Resources Specialist
Human Resources Specialist
Human Resource Assistant
Summary: The position is responsible for maintaining all personnel files; data entry and assisting employees with benefits enrollment; answering designated requests for information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Uses HRIS database to access employee information and generates scheduled or requested reports to assist management • Strictly adheres to confidentiality requirements
• Keeps employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in a timely manner
• Maintains non-exempt personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements
• Assists employees with any time card, pay, and benefits related concerns and forwards concerns that cannot be addressed to the Human Resources Manager
• Assists with Talent Acquisition by routing resumes or setting interviews.
• Prepares paperwork required for new hires and establishes personnel file
• Meets with all new hires, guides them through onboarding, and sets them up to complete GMP training
• Responsible for verifying monthly which employees are benefits eligible, providing enrollment forms and explanation of enrollment forms to benefits eligible employees, data entry of benefits information for enrollments and terminations into online enrollment websites, and forwarding information of separated employees to COBRA administrator • Department correspondence not related to employee separations • Enters new employees into time clock, assigns employee lockers, and maintains documentation of locker assignments, locks, and combinations • All other duties as assigned.