Job Opening: Maintenance Mechanic
Maintenance Mechanic in Gardena!!!
Shift: 1pm-9pm and 9pm-5am. 10 hours.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for supporting all aspects of machine maintenance and upkeep including, but not limited to, preventive maintenance, inspections, adjustment, and repairs on mechanical and electrical service center utilities and systems to ensure customer orders are delivered on time and within safety, quality, and business standards.
Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions):
- Visually inspect machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.
- Manually dismantle defective machines or electronic components of machinery and equipment using handheld and pneumatic tools.
- Visually locate damaged air, hydraulic, and grease components on machines.
- Install and repair electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Repair and replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Set up and operate lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metal working tools to make and repair parts.
- Inspect and measure parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems.
- Able to read blueprints, ladder logic, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics to troubleshoot machine issues.
- Operate cutting torch and welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Able to use the control systems on equipment and machinery to start, move, test, and properly shut down to complete necessary work.
- Able to review the operation of equipment before and after repairs to determine degree of repairs needed or success of repairs completed.
- Maintain spare parts inventory by properly requisitioning necessary parts for repair and can order replacement parts.
- Consult with outside vendors regarding replacement components.
- Make repairs to all hydraulic, oil, pneumatic, and grease leaks.
Requirements, Experience, & Education (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- 3-5 years of relevant experience working in roles that include mechanical, electrical and/or other general maintenance areas.
- High School or equivalent required, technical degree or certification is preferred.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Written communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- IT skills.
- Team working.