Job Opening: Warehouse Associate
Select Staffing has a great opportunity for (3) warehouse workers in Simi Valley, CA within a distribution company.
Hours: 8am – 4:30pm
Monday to Friday
Warehouse Worker job summary
Perform an array of functions that may include receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, or managing, organizing and retrieving stock in the warehouse.
Essential duties and responsibilities
• Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks and checking in merchandise
• Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area
• Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards
• Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, printing request, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed through a computer.
• May also assist in counting of physical inventory
• Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat; Sweep, dust and mop.
• Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
• Wear the proper safety equipment
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred
• Previous warehouse experience preferred
• Good communication, organizational, time management mathematical skills
• Dependable and Reliable
• Inventory, Equipment maintenance, data entry and computer skills may be required
Physical demands and abilities
• Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
• Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50lbs occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh up to 50 lbs.
• Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
• Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance