Job Opening: Operator
Select Staffing is hiring Operators for a Medical Supply Distributor in the Boise area.
Pay: $17.50 HR
Shift: Monday-Friday 7:00 AM-4:00 PM
The Operator is responsible for the safe operation of the Acetylene Plant and safe filling of all acetylene cylinders.
Operator Job Duties:
- The safe start up and shut down of the plant at the beginning or end of the day.
- Operate and monitoring plant during operation.
- Recording required information on logs at required time intervals.
- Safely filling Hydrogen, Chemtane, and Propane according to procedures.
- Respond to any alarms, assess the problem and initiate the appropriate corrective action.
- Perform visual inspection on cylinders prior to filling.
- Safely fill acetylene cylinders and perform leak checks on all cylinders at predetermined PSIG.
- Verify labeling is correct and readable on filled cylinders.
- Follow established procedures for blowing acetylene cylinders down and getting them ready for re-qualification or maintenance.
- Perform other tasks as assigned or necessary.
- Accurately enter data into computers.
- Acquire a working knowledge of any software applications necessary to the position.
- Perform basic mathematics calculations.
- Perform tasks requiring manual dexterity (i.e. processing paperwork, filing, stapling, sorting, etc.).
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.