Job Opening: Forklift Operator
Schedule: Monday – Friday 6:00am – 3:30pm with overtime as needed
Location: Vacaville, CA
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Transports incoming and outgoing materials to designated areas utilizing appropriate tools/vehicles to accomplish task including but not limited to stand up reach, cherry picker, sit down forklift, electric dolly, and/or pallet jack.
· Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or bins according to predetermined inventory procedures. Replenishes production area from the storage area.
· Maintains a safe, clean working environment.
· Participates in quality improvement processes.
· Performs required administrative tasks; prepares all required reports and correspondence.
· Proficiency in WMS and other computer based warehouse software
· Maintain and track warehouse inventory for reorders and overstocked items.
· Able to cross-train to perform other duties.
· Able to work safely, lead by example and adhere to company policies and procedures.
· Performs other related duties as assigned by management
· Able to work in a warehouse environment.
· Frequently lift/lower up to 50 pounds.
· Occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
· Frequently required to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
Skills and Certifications:
· High School Diploma or GED
· 2 to 3 years of warehouse operations experience.
· Familiarity with shipping practices and handling methods.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
· Forklift experience and certified, handling wine or other bottled beverages preferred.
· Experience with Microsoft Office, with a moderate skill level in Excel.
· Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Skilled and safe operation of equipment and tools.