Job Opening: FSQA Document Control Specialist
FSQA Document Control Specialist
Select Staffing in Emeryville is seeking an experienced FSQA Document Control Specialist to join the Food Safety & Quality team at a well know plant in Richmond, California.
Work includes daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly activities needed to maintain, organize, and control all FSQA and SFQ-required documentation. Role also does some general office administration work. This person needs to be passionate about food safety and comfortable working in a team environment, contributing to team cohesion and effectiveness.
- Organizes and controls all required documentation and other relevant materials for compliant FSQA operations, SFQ audits, customer audits, and related activities, including both physical and electronic materials.
- Upgrades, streamlines, and maintains the Document Register so that all policies, SOPs, records, logs, and other FSQA information can be quickly and easily located by members of the FSQ team and others.
- Supports full and complete compliance with all federal and state regulations for beverage manufacturing in California.
- Conducts the initial review of all CDPH submissions, including gathering supporting documentation, clarifying information as needed, and engaging in other similar activities needed to build a comprehensive, accurate submission before handing off the submission to the next level PCQI reviewer.
- Scans and uploads submission paperwork to the CDPH portal at the instruction of the PCQI reviewer; and
- Help comply with internal and external audits, including those by CDPH & FDA regulators, SQF representatives, customers, and prospects
Working For Select
If you’re looking for administrative, clerical or light industrial opportunities, Select is the company for you! We’re part of the nation’s largest industrial staffing company with 30 years in business. Meaning we have hundreds of open jobs with top employers nationwide. A company that treats you like family, we’re committed to providing equal opportunities to all and ensuring you have a healthy and safe work environment, fair pay and the tools to succeed and grow. This includes a personal recruiter assigned to you, FREE online training for associates who complete 80 work hours, on-time pay and other benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject such as food science, microbiology, or other relevant subject preferred – or comparable work experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in food and/or beverage manufacturing FSQA document control.
- Possess and apply FSQA, HACCP, and SQF knowledge for successful development of SOPs, policies, and document controls required by all applicable regulatory bodies.
- Excellent organizational skills accompanied by extreme attention to detail, great problem-solving capacity, strong critical thinking, and superior project management skills.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills, highly organized with meticulous attention to detail, and good written and verbal communication skills.
- Be a pro-active, self-starter who takes initiative to create efficient, effective, and logical document control systems, plus possess a strong willingness to learn and apply new knowledge and skills as needed.
- Effective interpersonal skills, collaborative, approachable, and works well on cross-functional teams combined with a positive attitude.
- Strong computer skills including use of MS Office and other relevant software.