Job Opening: Residential Maintenance Tech II
Residential Maintenance Tech II (Expired)
Chula Vista, CA
1st Shift M-F Direct Hire Opportunity for 1 of 3 apartment complexes from central to East San Diego. This position is under the Labor Union with pay range of $21.65 – $25.70
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed.The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Performs preventive maintenance on property.
- For all equipment, troubleshoots issues, maintains, services and makes repairs.
- Insures that property’s plumbing, electrical, heating and air conditioning units are in good repair and meet all governmental regulations and other guidelines as set forth by Project.
- Develops, plans, and determines priorities for the enhancement, repair and modification of building facilities and equipment. Prepare reports setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations and conclusions.
- Advises immediate supervisor regarding building conditions and utilization as affected by repair/maintenance/enhancement activities.
- Schedules work in an effective and timely manner to meet the maintenance and cleaning needs of the agency’s properties.
- Prepares and updates plans for response to and recovery from emergency and disaster conditions.
- Leads and participates in the implementation of emergency plans in appropriate situations.
- Keep fire and other emergency equipment in good working condition.
- Schedules inspection of all fire extinguishers annually.
- Responsible for the maintenance of and training in the operation of security alarm
- High school diploma or GED and technical training in a building trade (electrical, carpentry, plumbing, etc); AND
- Two (2) years or more in skilled maintenance work.