Job Opening: Weatherization Tech (Home Repair Worker)
Weatherization Tech (Home Repair Worker) (Expired)
Chula Vista, CA
Direct Hire role under the Labor Union for Residential apartment complexes in San Diego with Salary Range $22.17-$26.32
Weatherization is designed to provide energy efficient measures to low-income households. The installation of these measures not only makes these homes more energy efficient but also reduces energy usage and energy cost. Positions maybe funded by either ARRA or SDG&E and may be time limited based on program requirements and grant funding.
DEFINITION Under supervision, will perform weatherization duties on residences of eligible recipients and provide on-site direction to new employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Prepare job sites implementing weatherization lead safe work practices.
- Clean up job sites using proper disposal methods
- Provide hands on training to Weatherization II workers at work sites.
- Extensive carpentry Drywall installation and repair.
- Roof shingling and repair Install doors.
- Perform entrance door modification. Install weather-stripping
- Prepare attics for installing turbine vents and insulation.
- Perform glass/window work.
- Apply glaze, caulk and silicone.
- Install carbon monoxide alarms.
- Install water saving devices.
- Install switch/outlet gaskets.
- Perform pipe wrap work.
- Troubleshoots, maintains, services and repairs to all equipment. Other related program duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/CERTIFICATION High school diploma or GED; AND Five (5) years related work experience an equivalent combination of training and experience.