Job Opening: Senior Tax Accountant
Senior Tax Accountant (Expired)
El Toro, CA
Senior Tax Accountant
Foothill Ranch, CA
The Tax Senior Accountant will be responsible for compiling and analyzing reports, preparing income/franchise tax returns, property tax reports, business licenses, unclaimed property reports, and managing data/reports for outside sales tax preparers. This position reports to the Tax Director.
Duties will include:
- Sales and use tax compliance, monthly journal entries, and gathering data to upload into Vertex sales tax compliance software for monthly compliance.
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger sales tax accrual accounts on a monthly basis.
- Manage the timely and accurate filing and renewal of business licenses for the company.
- Manage the collection and completeness of exemption certificates from distributors.
- Respond to distributor questions regarding sales tax charged on orders.
- Prepare and file property tax returns.
- Communicate and work with various people across the organization as necessary to gather information to prepare income tax returns and tax provision workpapers.
- Assist with preparation of Form 1099 filings.
- Assist with preparation of unclaimed property reports.
- Maintain and reconcile fixed assets and depreciation.
- Prepare and present helpful tax information to distributors.
- Provide information necessary to prepare international income and VAT returns to external tax preparer.
- Assist Tax Director with tax audits, special projects, tax research and analyzing tax issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field; CPA, CMA, EA, or MBA preferred
fluent in English
advance knowledge of Excel; proficient in MS Outlook
2 years sales and use tax experience
5 years income tax experience
Acumatica experience preferred
OneSource Income Tax software experience preferred
Vertex sales tax software experience preferred.